If your Venmo card doesn’t work at an ATM, don’t panic! There’s a good chance there’s a simple solution. We’ve gathered some of our most common questions and answers here so you can figure out what’s going on with your card and get it working again quickly.
My ATM is rejecting my card. What do I do?
If you’re having trouble getting your card to work at an ATM, you can try a few things.
First, check that the ATM is not out of order. If it’s not in working condition, then that’s what’s causing the problem. If you still have trouble after trying another ATM (and we hope you do!), make sure the card is activated and has funds available.
If we’ve locked your card for security reasons or other reasons such as suspicious activity, please get in touch with our Support team so we can help!
Try a different ATM. Venmo cards work at ATMs that accept Visa debit cards.
If you’ve tried a different ATM and still can’t withdraw money, it’s possible that the ATM doesn’t accept cards that use the Visa network. A Venmo card uses the Visa network, so if a different ATM doesn’t take it, try using your bank debit card instead.
If you have a Venmo Card and are trying to use it at an ATM that accepts prepaid debit cards, it may not work. This is because some ATMs will reject any card that doesn’t meet specific security requirements for handling personal information—even though these requirements aren’t in place for credit or bank debit cards.
Make sure your card is activated. If it isn’t, you can start it through the app’s Card page or by calling the number on the back of your card.
If you haven’t activated your Venmo card, you can do that through the app’s Card page or by calling the number on the back of your card.
You can also activate your card through the app:
- Go to Settings > Payment Methods.
- Select “Add a Card” and enter in any information needed to complete that process
If we’ve locked your card, you’ll need to unlock it in the app before you can use it again.
If we’ve locked your card, you’ll need to unlock it in the app before you can use it again. Here’s how:
- iOS: Open the Venmo app, tap the three-line menu icon and select “Banking.” Select “Account Settings,” then tap “Venmo Card.” Enter your PIN code and choose Unlock Card.
- Android: Open the Venmo app, tap Account Settings, and choose Account Settings from the dropdown list. Tap on Security & Privacy > Unlock Card, enter your PIN code and choose Unblock card.
If you’re trying to withdraw cash with your Venmo card at an ATM and it won’t work, try these tips to troubleshoot your problem.
If your Venmo card isn’t working at an ATM, try these tips:
- Try a different ATM. If you’re trying to withdraw cash with your Venmo card at an ATM and it won’t work, try another one.
- Make sure your card is activated. To ensure that your account has been correctly set up for using the Venmo Card, log in to the app and click on “Profile & Settings” in the upper right corner of the screen; then click “Account Information.” Scroll down until you see “Card Activation Status,” which should display either active or inactive (if not yet activated). If yours says inactive, check out our instructions on how to activate it here!
If we’ve locked your card because of suspicious activity on it or if there’s been some other issue with its use recently (like getting declined), we’ll also notify you via email about how long it will take us before we unblock it again so that you can start using it usually again 🙂
To contact us about any problems with your account or cards, go here: https://support.venmo-rewardscom/.
You can check out these tips if you’re having trouble using your Venmo card at an ATM.
If you’re experiencing any issues with using your Venmo card at an ATM, the following tips may help:
- Try a different ATM. If you’re having trouble with one ATM, try another one nearby. Some ATMs have been known to be unreliable or out-of-order, so it’s worth trying another option if you’re having trouble with yours.
- Ensure your card is activated in the app before attempting to use it at an ATM. To do this, go to Settings > Cards > Add Card and follow the prompts onscreen (you’ll need to enter your PIN). From here on out, when you tap “Use” on any given card in your app’s list of available cards shown above “Balance,” that particular card will be used for all future purchases made using Venmo funds stored in that specific account; this means that if you’ve only ever added one card but plan on using multiple cards from now on (for example one personal and one business), make sure they’re both activated instead of just adding just one!
If you’re having problems with your Venmo card, we want to help. To get started, call us at 1-855-834-1914 or visit the support center.