Don't Fetch Coffee... Do Real $hit
Hiring now for Summer 2021 & Fall 2021 Semesters
I’m Jason, VP of Growth @ Bankcard.
- 13 years of digital marketing experience.
- A former partner at two high-growth marketing agencies.
- Forty under 40 award winner (my mom was so proud)
Since 2014, I’ve had 45 marketing interns.
- 37 of them interned for 2+ semesters
- 19 of them started working with me a week after they graduated.
- 15 of them worked with me for 3+ years
If you really want to learn marketing (like, the stuff that actually works)… you won’t find a better company, internship program or teacher.
Are you a good fit?
Do you wanna have an awesome marketing portfolio with analytics for everything you helped create?
Are you willing to focus and hustle every day to jump ahead of your peers?
Are you eager to learn directly from a top .01% growth marketer?
Are you a nice person?
Cool. Let’s do this!
Being at Bankcard means joining a group of people obsessed with improving things - creating things that inspire new ways of thinking, bringing about real change, and making people’s lives just a little bit easier.
It’s not bullshit. It’s a code. Our way of life. It’s been in our DNA since 2010.
No cover letters and a resume is optional (seriously)
When you're here, you get that our values are more than just words on paper. You’re joining a place where diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the heart of our business practices and culture.
Where belonging isn’t a corporate thing to be done; it’s an entitlement for any human that walks through our doors.
What we do.
Bankcard is a high-growth fintech company based in Bingham Farms, Michigan. Founded in 2011 as a new type of company for modern brands to partner with to drive sustainable growth.
Bankcard is a human-first firm that is the perfect mix of old school values and next-gen technology.
Founded by Mickael Gibrael out of the frustration that brands were left without a payment solution partner that felt more like family and less like a “vendor”.
Bankcard serves as a strategic partner, with an implementation arm across all payment processing solutions (crypto, credit cards, echecks, ACH, etc.). It primarily works with high-risk, growing brands in the following industries: finance, mobile apps, tech, adult, marketing and various professional services.
We’re rigorous about how we build our team as well as the clients we work with and the services we offer. We’re building some of the most complex solutions in the world of commerce which requires hard work, a collaborative team, insane technology and strategic problem solving.
No matter who you are or where you're from, there are a few things that make us all tick. Being open and taking chances. Inspiring others and giving a shit. Doing the right thing.
It’s time to ask yourself: What gets you out of bed in the morning?
Growth Marketing Intern Training Syllabus
Phase 1: Growth marketing foundations
- Growth mindset: growth versus traditional marketing
- Building a growth process
- User-centric marketing
- Identifying and amplifying growth channels
Phase 2: Running growth experiments
- Research and testing
- Conversion research
- A/B testing mastery
- Statistics fundamentals for A/B testing
Phase 3: Data and analytics
- Google Analytics for beginners
- Intermediate Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager for beginners
Phase 4: Conversion
- Landing page optimization
- Product messaging
Phase 5: Channel-specific growth skills
- Email marketing
- Messaging strategy in public relations
- Facebook Ads
- Google Ads
- Content strategy and SEO for lead generation
Phase 6: Growth program management
- Growth training workshop
- Optimizing your growth process
- Optimizing your marketing tech stack
- Marketing strategy
- Project management for marketers
Growth Marketing Internship
What we'd like to see
You want to be exceptional at prioritizing work, getting stuff done, setting expectations and communicating with the team. You understand and appreciate a scientific method for growth, but you also know when to adapt to changes quickly.
You love telling a story with data and creating actionable insights. You are a strategic thinker and an excellent writer with the ability to connect the dots between data and financial results to create and advocate for your own strategies to drive growth.
The ideal candidate has a proactive approach, can juggle multiple responsibilities and excels under pressure. They are comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility.
Also, you’re a kind person.
We’re a fast-paced group, but super easy to work with.
Life’s too short to work with jerks, right?
What you’ll do
The Growth Marketing Intern supports the Bankcard growth team to drive relentless growth across marketing, sales and customer experience.
This role is highly cross-functional, collaborating closely with acquisition, retention, conversion, product, service and brand teams to analyze and implement data-driven recommendations to improve outcomes.
Growth Marketing Interns get hands-on experience with strategizing, designing and implementing solutions for our aggressive brand.
You will work with best-in-class marketing technology including AI, ML (Machine Learning), NLP (Natural Language Processing) as well as next-level data visualization software.
- Support the growth marketing team on efficient customer acquisition and retention strategies
- Identify customer-centric trends in commerce, with a focus on how they impact the entire customer funnel, from acquisition to conversion to retention
- Highly analytical, structured thinker who can work with complex data sets, drive insights and clearly communicate findings to a diverse set of stakeholders
- Help design, implement, and optimize a growth infrastructure for our brand (data, tech, ways of working, media & creative)
- Support marketing campaign funnels and how customer/user behavior flows are tracked accurately for reporting and analysis
- Enable tracking and monitoring performance KPIs through weekly and monthly reports
- Work directly with the VP of Growth and VP of Ops on prioritizing, implementing, and optimizing growth experiments
- Participate and contribute to weekly growth meetings to keep growth the organization in rhythm and come up with growth ideas aligned with company OKRs (Objectives & Key Results)
- Deliver insights and recommendations across multiple parts of customer journey to identify key growth opportunities
- Strategize and make recommendations on digital strategy and customer experience
- Strategize, build briefs, write content and implement website pages, landing pages, blog posts leveraging AI and NLP
- Source and identify new marketing opportunities to support customer acquisition needs
- Stay on top of industry changes and updates as well as their impact on the customer’s funnel/flywheel
What we're looking for
3+ years of college completed.
Ideally, you can start your internship now (summer), continue in the fall and spring semesters of your senior year and we can hire you in May 2022.
We hire interns so we can hire them as employees.
You’re not here for us…we’re here for you.
At least 20 hours per week of availability for Summer internships.
For fall and spring semesters, we’re flexible…
Compensation: $10 per hour
(and yes, you should be able to get college credits from our internship… but that normally depends on a few other factors based on your school, etc…)
- Old-school work ethic
- High EQ
- Superior written and copywriting skills
- Confident, but eager to learn as much as possible
- Relentless curiosity for marketing, technology, neuromarketing, behavioral science and persuasion models
- Passionate about lead generation, retention marketing, and driving bottom-line results.
- Loves “growth hacking”
- but understands that frameworks and principles > tactics.
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial company and drive quantifiable results.
Mental Models you'll learn about
- Jobs To Be Done
- Circle of Competence
- Fundamental Attribution Error
- Measure vs Magnitude
- Cobra Effect
- Awareness & The Customer Journey
- Value/Price Ratio
- Second-Order Thinking
- Law of Diminishing Returns
- Ockham’s Razor & Overfitting
- Opportunity Costs
- Pareto’s Principle
- Local vs Global
- Theory of Constraints
- Probabilistic Thinking
- Minimum Path to Value & Hick’s Law
- Pain-Dream-Fix & the Human Action Model
- Commitment and Consistency
- Loss Aversion
- Need to Complete
- Social Proof
- Regret Minimization
- Innovation vs Optimization
- Eisenhower Matrix
- Product Announcement Matrix
- Effort vs Impact
- Good, Cheap, or Fast
- You get the idea by now, right?
No cover letters and a resume is optional (seriously)
Bankcard is an equal opportunity employer. Bankcard provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.